Ostrander, Ohio may have been
platted in 1852, but it was not incorporated for another 23 years.
The citizens of Ostrander petitioned the Delaware County
Commissioner to be recognized as a Village. The County Commissioner
granted this request on May 18, 1875.
Even then, it took the
citizens of Ostrander until April 5, 1876 to conduct the first council
meeting. Present at the meeting were: D.G.
Cratty, Mayor; W.C. Winget,
Treasurer; D.C. Fay, Clerk; and
Council Members: T. Maugans, J.H.
Fields, Samuel Stricklin, G.S. Carr, F.W. Brown, and J.B. Robers.